Wednesday 14 January 2015

Notification

Egbert en Willemien

So, yeh, it's been a while since I wrote on this blog. The reason for that is that both my parents, in their seventies, became ill simultaneously, and me and my two sisters had to take care of them as good as we could. They both had different kinds of cancer, and they both died in different ways, with me and my sisters present and holding them. So that was simultaneously good, and bad, and sad. We talked a lot, laughed a lot, cried a lot. And as everybody dies, so this being a minor event in the history of the universe, it changed Maus his universe in a big way. Like the moon is suddenly missing from it's orbit.
They were lovely, funny, and loving parents and grandparents, and it was heartbreaking to see them both this ill and hopeless.



As for me, I plan to shoot myself from a cannon if I ever get that miserable and helpless.


Schokland
c Jenne Bleijenburg - 2013





No comments:

Post a Comment